FILMINI International Short Film Festival is a competitive festival of short films. It aims to contribute to the promotion and production of artistic short films, and to develop a spirit of friendship and cooperation among filmmakers from all over the world.
FILMINI International Short Film Festival is organized by the non profit association "Seven".
The third edition of FILMINI will take place in Sofia, Bulgaria from October 13th till 17th, 2010.
The Festival program includes several competitions of short films as well as non-competitive film programs, retrospectives, tributes and other accompanying screenings and events.
The Festival accepts for its competition programs fiction and animated short films, as long as:
- the production has been completed after January 1st 2009;
- films are no more than 20 minutes long;
The selection of films is carried out by a commission appointed by association SEVEN. No film can be withdrawn from the festival once it has been selected.
An international Jury of five members will award the following prizes:
- The grand prix prize € 1,200
- Best animation film award € 500
- Best Balkan film award € 1,000
- Kodak Cinelabs Award for Best film from the national competition
- Audience award
Award-winners are expected to mention the award in the publicity and promotional material of the film.
To take part in the Festival applicants are required to submit the following materials.
- An entry form duly filled and signed.
- The film on DVD with English subtitles.
By e-mail or on CD:
- Director’s biography & filmography.
- A photo of the director.
- At least 3 stills from the film.
- Dialogue list in original language.
- Dialogue list in English with time code.
- Trailer of the film.
Other press and promotional materials.
All received materials will remain for the Festival archive and can be used for Festival promotion and promotional screenings of FILMINI in Bulgaria.
Deadline for submissions: 31 July 2010.
Post stamp dated no later than 31 July 2010 validates the submission.
Address for submissions:
FILMINI International Short Film Festival
1, Dobrudja str.
Participation in the Festival implies unconditional agreement with the Regulations set out herein. The Management of the FILMINI International Short Film Festival has the right to settle all cases and issues not covered by these Regulations.